Putting in a flower garden or any garden for that matter takes time and dedication. However, the result is gorgeous color, magnificent fragrance, wonderful foods to eat, and an overall sense of accomplishment. Therefore, why stand back and admire your garden from afar when you can use a garden bench to be closer. The great thing about garden benches is that they can be any size and made from just about any material. For example, a garden bench can be made from scrap wood lying around the house, logs, wrought iron, concrete blocks, marble, rock, granite, railroad ties, and so on. You could easily take a few pieces of old scrap lumber or a nice big log and create a quiet place to sit. If you want something more elaborate for your garden bench, you can purchase one already made or have one built.
The goal with any garden bench is to create a place of solitude, a place where you can sit and relax to enjoy the beauty of your garden. If you look at the Japanese garden, there are garden benches throughout so people can rest and meditate as they look at the flowers or listen to the flowing water. That same concept has been recreated in gardens of all types across the country. The key is to remember that when choosing or making your garden bench, it does not have to be perfect. After all, you want the garden bench to blend in with the garden or at least enhance its natural beauty. Therefore, while you might find something colorful and over the top, take time to consider your garden and how you want the bench to look.
When choosing a garden bench, remember that certain woods do not withstand the outside elements well. You will do well choosing cedar, teak, cypress, and mahogany, for instance. Another option, although some people believe it takes away from the natural look is a wrought iron garden bench or a plastic garden bench. Finally, concrete, marble, stone, and granite are also beautiful and durable but unfortunately, unless they have a cushion, they are not very comfortable. When buying or building a wood garden bench, remember the cardinal rule - the fewer screws and bolts the better the finished bench will look.
When it comes to size, again this is mostly a personal preference but in general, a four-foot bench will provide amble room for one or two people without taking up too much room in the garden itself. You also want to think about price so you want to determine your budget first. Typically, you can buy a nice wooden bench of cedar or redwood for around $200 - $300. Then for the larger teak benches, prices usually jump to somewhere around $1,000 or more.
When you are ready to buy a garden bench, if possible, you should try to buy from an online manufacturer that pays for shipping. The reason is that while you might find a great garden bench, the shipping costs can eat you alive. Many benches ship by freight adding at least another $100 to your order. Keep this in mind when you think you might have found a super deal from an online manufacturer.
Now that you have decided on the perfect garden bench, make sure to spend some time each day sitting on it while enjoying a cup of coffee or a beautiful sunset. That is what it is all about.
If you love to plant, but have run out of actual backyard space to do it, do not worry because there is a simple solution to your problem. That solution is garden planters. They are gorgeous outdoor accessories that allow you to plant almost anywhere.
Now, the reason why garden planters allow you to plant almost anywhere is because they are available in a slew of different types, styles, shapes, and most importantly, sizes. All of these options make it a breeze to find the perfect one to match your space and what you want to plant in it. For example, maybe you want to plant a few smaller trees and place them around your patio area, then a wonderful choice for you would be ones that are larger in size, probably something that is circular or square in shape would work nicely. Or, maybe you want some more room to plant vegetables, then a great choice for you then would be ones that are long and rectangular. Basically, there are just a lot of options available and other alternatives include ones that are tapered, others that look like vases, some that are even made to hang off a window, and there are even triangle and v-shaped ones.
One of the main things that you need to bear in mind when shopping for garden planters is what type of material it is crafted out of. You want to make sure that you go with a higher quality option. If you do not then you will be out of luck later on when you are stuck having to replace them and replant everything because it could not stand up under the elements.
With that said, some of the better options include durable woods like Shorea, Teak, and Redwood along with synthetic options like polymer and recycled plastic, and those made from stone and rock are also a good choice. Every one of these materials is very sturdy, plus, they all have an appealing look to them. For example, teak has a stunning golden natural tone when new that fades to a silver gray over time while Redwood has more of a cinnamon red appearance. Or, if you like a bold, distinguished look, then one made from the stone or rock would be the way to go.
For a stress free way to browse all the lovely garden planters that are available, forget about going to your local garden center or department store. Instead, just make a b-line for your computer and check out all the online stores. By the flick of the mouse you can hit every store that is out there and then when you do find what you want, it is shipped right to your house. Talk about convenience.
So, if you love planting and want to keep doing it even though you have run out of space, turn to luxurious garden planters to keep your hobby alive. They are ideal for planting almost anything anywhere your heart desires.
Gardening is fun and rewarding and may be considered a hobby, talent or both and sometimes its just luck. Gardening is not as easy as it looks and involves dedication, time and consistency and many trials and errors. There are many aspects to maintaining a healthy garden, but some aspects are more important than others. An individual who likes to garden can have the knowledge to produce the best garden in the world, but without the right equipment and materials it just wouldnt be possible.
Below you will find a list of the top 5 pieces of equipment which gardeners simply cannot live without:
1. Trowel a trowel is a shovel-like piece of equipment which is used to dig up dirt and set small plants. There are many styles to choose from and type of handle on your trowel will determine how well it works. Easy grip, non-slide and non-slip grips are the best form of handle to choose. These will be easier to use and will require less work than any other form of trowel. A trowel with no grip will be difficult to use and could end up ruining your garden. Try one out in your hand first to ensure it feels comfortable. Theres nothing like having your hand cramp or the trowel slip while using it to dig in a beautiful, new plant.
2. Pitchfork a pitchfork is a gardening tool which has 2-6 prongs and a long handle. The sizes of pitchforks vary, depending on what they are being used for. The space between each prong varies as well. Pitchforks are used to separate, lift and throw loose pieces of material such as dirt and leaves.
3. Spade a gardening spade has a long, thick handle and a heavy flat blade. This tool is used to dig up and move pieces of dirt from one place to another. It can also be used to pack down dirt once the flower has been planted.
4. Pruning Shears pruning shears are tools which have a long handles and blades. This type of gardening equipment is used to allow gardeners to precisely prune rose bushes and other plants and unruly vines, etc. It can also be used to cut the grass at the edges of walkways and garden beds, in those hard to reach places. It is also used to trim the edges and remove dead leaves or wood on flowers.
There is no other piece of gardening equipment which can do the same job as pruning shears. Without the use of this piece of equipment, your garden will end up looking messy and disorganized. Always, always, always invest in good quality pruning shears. Good ones have a lifetime guarantee and low-end ones will make shrapnel of your heritage rose.
5. Wheelbarrow a wheelbarrow is one of the larger pieces of garden equipment. It is a cart with a handle and at least one wheel which is designed for easy transportation of materials from one place to another. Purchasing a wheelbarrow will save you a lot of time and effort, especially if you are off to the compost heap, and will make for a pleasant gardening experience. Another option is the 4-wheeled gardening cart.
There are many pieces of gardening equipment which will make this hobby easier and more efficient, however the ones listed above are recognized as the most important. These pieces of equipment will likely last a very long time.